Calendar and catagories

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by werkedm3, Jan 14, 2008.

1. werkedm3 macrumors member

Am I missing something or is it just not a feature implemented into the phone? In iCal on the mac, there is the option to set up multiple "calendars." Now I use this a lot because I when I am working on different projects, I like to be able to organize them into different categories, so I can select just that project and see what is happening on that given day. Is this something I am just missing on the phone, or is it not a feature? Does anyone feel the same way?

2. samh004 macrumors 68020

samh004

I find it annoying too, that you can only create events in one category on your iPhone/touch, but if you start adding things like that, all too soon it's a lot more complicated to use.

3. m477h3w macrumors 6502

This is a feature I would really like to see added tomorrow ;) I set up a new group in iCal called iPhone (immaginative I know), but this means everytime I sync I have to open iCal and edit all the iPhone entries into the correct groups. Kinda defeats the object of an automatic sync :rolleyes:

Surely it isn't difficult, or over complicating, to add an option in to select what calendar each new entry belongs to?!?!

4. peeaanuut macrumors 65816

This isnt a problem limited to the iPhone. While my old treo did have categories, if I created the category on the Treo it would not transfer to the computer via sync. It would default to the uncategorized section on the computer. Was kind of annoying there too. It would be nice to add it but like another poster, I just do a little computer side management and I am good.

5. ssajous macrumors member

That' s no excuse

2 wrongs don't make a right. The fact that the others don't do it right is more the reason why the iphone should do it. Some of those things really annoy me with my iphone. It lacks a lot in the area of being an organizer. No tasks etc...

6. peeaanuut macrumors 65816

its not an organizer. Its a phone with an iPod and some pda functionality. I also didnt say 2 wrongs dont make a right, but it is a common industry problem and not just an iPhone limitation.

7. werkedm3 thread starter macrumors member

It seems like something apple would implement since their native program, iCal has it built in already.

8. s57 macrumors member

It's almost an organizer...

It's not just a phone, it's a cell phone, and most cell phones these days come with calendars, even the ones that don't have such a beautiful user interface. The fact that iCal on the mac has this functionality and that people use it makes this a big hassle.

If the voice mail service were only able to record messages from 10am to 5pm, would you then say that, "it's not an answering machine, it's a phone with an iPod and some answering machine functionality"?

I really, really hope Apple fixes this, because I don't really see why, having an iPhone or iPod Touch, one should haul around a PDA just to keep track of dates. Unless, of course, Apple thinks that all those who use Blackberries and Treos don't need iPhones...