iPad Calendar App for handwritten notes?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by petersw, Oct 17, 2016.

1. petersw macrumors newbie

Hi,

I'm looking for an iOS app that does the following:

- Integrates with Outlook calendar
    - Allows entry of meeting notes using both keyboard and input device (such as Apple Pencil)
    - Allows storage of notes for easy retrieval

This would be for an iPad/iPad Pro.

Any advice??

2. pacorob macrumors 68000

pacorob

The storage of notes shouldn't be a problem and also the Outlook calendar support I think.
    However the amount of calendars which support Apple Pencil is probably limited. I would advise you to look up the various calendars and see if they offer support for it (check App store, contact developer).

Here is a list of the bigger calendar apps:
    Apple Calendar, Omnifocus 2, Calendars5, Fantastical 2, Pocket Informant, Week Calendar, miCal, Moleskine Timepage, Cal, BusyCal, Easy Calendar, Wave Calendar, UpTo Calendar, Google Calendar

My favorite is Week Calendar (you have to buy a separate iPad and iPhone version though) but I'm not sure if that offers support for Apple Pencil.

I did find these: Planner Pro (seems a great option if I look at the reviews), Draw Calendar (very bad reviews, no iCloud sync) and Palu in the App Store which probably support the Apple Pencil although I couldn't find it in the description. Although someone did mention with Planner Pro in the reviews that they were using it with an iPad Pro and pencil.