Calendar App for new iPad and iPhone

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by garvatron, Mar 21, 2012.

1. garvatron macrumors newbie

I just bought my first tablet today. It is the new iPad so I am just getting used to the interface. So far, so good. I thought I had fairly straightforward expectations of a calendar function but it appears it might not be so easy. I would just like an app or program that can be used on both my new ipad and and iphone to sync together and can also be added to and updated from my work computer or macbook pro. Is that not possible? I don't need to link up a personal google calendar with a work outlook calendar or anything like that. I would just like to sync the phone, ipad and laptop together. I have tried icloud and it is pretty good except that the icalendar function does not have tasks or 'to do' functions which I am heavily dependent on. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

2. mgipe macrumors demi-god

mgipe

Calendar syncing across all these machines works great with your iCloud account. The ToDo function is a separate app called reminders. There are also tons of other fancier ToDo apps which you can get from the app store, and most of them have syncing functionality.

And BTW, the calendar app can be used to sync seamlessly with your gmail or outlook data, too.