Calendar app

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by GoldenSausage, Nov 5, 2014.

1. GoldenSausage macrumors newbie

Running yosemite here. This may be a silly question, but how do you change the start time of an event? After unchecking "all day", i can change the end time of the event by clicking on the time and a drop down menu appears for me, but i can't do the same for the start time. When i click it nothing happens.

2. nyrblue35 macrumors member

nyrblue35

Click on the digits and change. I just tried the same and i can change them.

3. GoldenSausage thread starter macrumors newbie

Nope i can't lol. I can do it for the end time, but not the start time. Are you running yosemite? Maybe it's a bug with the yosemite version of calendar?

Am i the only one getting this issue?

4. nyrblue35 macrumors member

nyrblue35

Yes I am also on Yosemite.

5. GoldenSausage thread starter macrumors newbie

are you using google or iCloud account? Might be because it is unable to make changes since mine is gmail due to insufficient privileges, but that doesn't explain why i can change the end time lol.

6. nyrblue35 macrumors member

nyrblue35

Yes I am using my gmail calendar. Sorry noone else has chimed in, that's bizarre. You should have privileges to change your own gmail calendar for sure.

7. ApfelKuchen macrumors 68030

Yosemite. Clicking on the digits works for me.

If you're in the Day or Week view, you can adjust times (and dates, and duration) with your mouse/trackpad. Hover the pointer over the top or bottom edge of the event, click, and drag. You can move the entire event by clicking and dragging, too.

8. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

OP: How did you add the calendar in question?

9. GoldenSausage thread starter macrumors newbie

just right click on the date and add the event

----------

basically i right click the event > get info > click on the times which expands to more info > and then click on the digits of the start time and nothing happens.

Works for end time only. I can still change the start date, just not the time.

Thanks, that worked. Looks like a decent temporary solution for me.