Calendar app....

Discussion in 'OS X El Capitan (10.11)' started by RichardI, May 26, 2017.

1. RichardI macrumors 6502a

RichardI

What the heck is up with iCloud? The other day I got some kind of pop-up box from iCloud ( I though it might have been a hoax) telling me that I needed to create a password for iCloud or something would happen - I don't recall what. Long story short, I really don't want any part of iCloud and I was doing something else at the time, but it wouldn't let do what I was trying to do without "updating" my iCloud password first. To my knowledge I never created a password for iCloud in the first place. So I disabled and unchecked all the options on iCloud then I was able to continue. Problem is, my Calendar now has all the events I created over the years, MISSING! The only calendar there is a Birthdays one, which I don't give a hoot about. Now I don't seem to have clearance to even use iCloud - I don't care about that but I thought I might be able to get my calendar events back if I reactivated iCloud. Can anyone tell me if I've lost my Calendar events forever? Grrr.

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

It sounds like you were using iCloud for calendar sync and just did not realize it. To get the items back your will need to get logged in to iCloud so the calendar populates.

The you can use this export option to save the calendar entries. Then you can turn off iCloud and create a local calendar in the app and import the file you just saved.

Screen Shot 2017-05-27 at 8.45.06 AM.png