Calendar application recommendation

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by iToNe24, Oct 31, 2011.

1. iToNe24, Oct 31, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2011

iToNe24 macrumors regular

I am very dissapointed that with the default calendar there is no snooze option when u are alerted with an appointment. I was looking for a calendar app that would allow you to snooze alert and also a textual month overview. I have found these two apps but being that there are no trials i cannot tell if it will meet my needs.

this one has awesome snooze option from what i can see
    calAlarm
    the developer wrote back confirming: No textual month via, dots only.

this one has the textual month view .. where u can see the in each box instead of just the dots. But i am not sure about snoozing options.
    weekcal

i was wondering if anyone had any reviews on these apps if they have both the features i am looking for. Or any other suggestions for better calendar apps that i possibly missed.

2. iToNe24 thread starter macrumors regular

i found this app as well mical but it seems to not have a snooze function.

3. spaghetti head macrumors member

I just discovered the Calendar limits repeats to 1 day, 1 week, 2 weeks, 1 month, or 1 year. There doesn't appear to be a way to go 3 days or 3 weeks or any custom repeat. It looks like I need an new calendar app also.:mad:

4. iToNe24 thread starter macrumors regular

you can do custom repeats with mical .. that is the one i bought ... i wish u could select and drag events though on the today screen to new times and days like u can with the default calendar application

5. spaghetti head macrumors member

Can you edit events so they have new times or days? Or is this not possible any way you try?

6. iToNe24 thread starter macrumors regular

Yes you can with mical. You double tap event and it opens edit screen to change time and day if u want.

7. spaghetti head macrumors member

I installed MiCal and it works great. Any changes I do on MiCal or Calendar automatically show up on the other. Thanks for the recommendation.

8. sk1wbw Suspended

sk1wbw

Does MiCal sync with Toodledoo or Google Calendar as well?

9. spaghetti head macrumors member

I don't use either, so I couldn't say.

10. sk1wbw Suspended

sk1wbw

I bought MiCal plus the in-app purchase for tasks, and I'm dissapointed. It isn't really that good of an app.