Calendar apps ios7? (And replacement for horrible 'Reminders' too!

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by warriorz, Dec 26, 2013.

1. warriorz, Dec 26, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2013

warriorz macrumors regular

In the end what Calendar apps did you guys settle for? (instead of the (terrible) Apple stock one in ios7)?

I've tried Fantastical 2 and Calendars 5, but neither seem great. I guess it may take some time to get used to one or the other.

P.s I only really use a calendar on my iphone, with me much mure often than the iPads or MacBooks.

What are you guys using?

2. cschmelz macrumors 6502

Second for Pocket Informant Pro which I've used since iOS 5 I think. Calendar 5 is also VERY nice.

3. warriorz thread starter macrumors regular

Sure looks good. Though slight overkill/ OTT for my needs. Don't you find it a bit 'cluttered!?

4. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I find it extremely useful for my needs... work and personal
    I even have the weather in app purchase
    It felt overwhelming at first, but now it is the only calendar app I use... iPhone and iPad

5. CtlsMurari macrumors newbie

CtlsMurari

6. petvas macrumors 601

petvas

I have many calendar apps but somehow I like the design of the standard app more than anything else. Featurewise I prefer Week Cal HD and I use it when I want to copy and paste appointments, or do stuff that the standard app can't do.

I also have Pocket Informant but I don't like the design at all.Actually it was always like that with WebIS and Pocket Informant, even in the good old Pocket PC times. Pocket Informant was the number one PIM, followed by Agenda Fusion.
    I preferred Agenda Fusion because of its simplistic design. Pocket Informant is too cluttered and lacks contrast, even worse than the standard app.

7. warriorz thread starter macrumors regular

I agree, pocket informant seems very cluttered; i can see it suiting some users but for everyday 'basic' use it's too much.

I quite like Fantastical (2) now - been playing around with it for the last couple of hours. Quite iOS 7ish, except for the fact that it's functional over the stock Apple Calendar.

Now to find a suitable replacement for 'Reminders'....I've looked at 'Things! and Wunderlist, used them in the past, but just resorted to iOS 6 Reminders, infinitely better than the iOS 7 update, it's horrible.

Very disappointed with these versions of basic apps by Apple, so clearly a case of form over function as others have pointed out.

I used to love 2Do by Guided Ways but they haven't updated their UI iOS 7 yet (though it's otherwise fully functional), waiting to see what they produce.

In the meantime any ideas/ recommendations to replace Apple's (useless) reminders?

8. petvas macrumors 601

petvas

The best app is Omnifocus, but it is expensive, if you don't need the power features. Omnifocus is also very optimized for iOS 7 and has a great design.
    Things sits somewhere in the middle and offers a nice interface (on the Mac), and good apps for iOS.

9. hero045 macrumors newbie

This might be a little off topic, since I don't use anything other than the standard calendar for events however for photo calendars I started using an app I randomly found when scrolling through calendars in the app store called LifeShift. You can view your entries in differen't formats and even create a time-lapse videos if your into aligning photos to track the changing of something.
    Here's the link if you want to check it out:
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/lifeshift-photo-calendar-collage/id778889427?mt=8

10. warriorz thread starter macrumors regular

Hi, are you the developer?

11. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

I use fantastical (and the reminders integration works great). :)

12. warriorz thread starter macrumors regular

Have you noticed how you can't categorise Reminders in Fantastical in the order you want, it has to be Alphabetical - I find that very irritating as important categories you create(d) in the native Apple app can appear at the very bottom of the list. It's such a basic iOS function now, long press, to move fields up or down, it's almost unforgivable that the Fantastical didn't to implement it..

13. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

Never noticed it, though it has yet to bother me (yet) as I use reminders for listing very basic tasks that I need to get done over the course of the day, so I am not very particular about the order in which they are arranged. :)