Calendar Based Alarm

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by qCzar, Aug 9, 2012.

1. qCzar, Aug 9, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2012

qCzar macrumors regular

For those of us who work in retail, we don't always have a consistent schedule. I typically work in the morning at 6, 6:30 or 7. Currently, I have my alarm set for 5a everyday and it becomes a hassle to turn it off when I don't work the following day or change it when I work later/earlier. The alert sounds for the calendar are nice but it doesn't repeat nor appears to be changeable via Calendar Events or the settings menu.

Under iOS6, is it possible to create alarms based off calendar events and schedule them like alerts? For instance, an alarm that goes off an hour before an event? Not an alert, but an alarm. I need to wake up and the alert sound hardly wakes me up, in fact I sleep right through it.

I'm already looking forward to Do Not Disturb, which will automatically silence my phone at night.

2. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

Just so you know....... DND does not silence alarms.
    If an alarm is set it will still go off, DND or not.

3. qCzar thread starter macrumors regular

That's perfectly fine; I intend to wake up in the morning :D I was referring to the silence of the ringer & text tones.

I've been looking at the Calendar in ML for a similar option since I sync my calendars between my phone & Mini. No luck there, but I can open a file on OS X as part of an alert. So perhaps I'll whip up a Automator script or something.

4. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

A regular sleep/wake schedule is good for the body. Got for a run in the AM on the mornings you don't have to be at work right away.

I set multiple alarms. 4:30, 5, 530, 6, 7. And toggle them on and off as I need. You can set days of the week to them, so you can setup your alarms at least a week in advance.

5. MooneyFlyer macrumors 65816

MooneyFlyer

I don't believe there is a way to do what you are trying to do with the standard apps. At least I couldn't find one. I thought the idea of having multiple times preconfigured was a pretty good one.

6. qCzar thread starter macrumors regular

It is, but it could be simpler to set an alarm based on a calendar event in my opinion.

I'll take a look at the iHome sleep radio and app combo and see if it has this functionality.