Calendar Bug on software update

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by bothfly737, May 19, 2015.

1. bothfly737 macrumors member

Just did the update and now my Calendar on the watch only will show Today only.
    No List View and when I bring up the Month on the watch and tap a different day it only brings up TODAY.
    WTF.....

2. Aml216 macrumors 6502a

Aml216

A mysterious location in the middle of nowhere
    It's always been this way hasn't it?

3. slenpree macrumors 6502a

slenpree

Before the update, the calendar app only showed a today view when you tap anywhere.

After the update, the calendar app only shows a today view when you tap anywhere.

If I'm not mistaken the functionality is the same after the update as it was before the update.

The purpose of the calendar app is to show you what month and day is today (in a month view) and then by tapping anywhere it shows you what events/appointments you have today.

If you want to see other days. Swipe left to right in the today view. Quite simple ....

4. bothfly737 thread starter macrumors member

I had the List View on my Apple Watch. Now it only shows Today and not the List View

5. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

I'm pretty sure that before the update, as you continued to scroll with the digital crown, that you could see what other appointments are coming later in the week.

I'm disappointed in the Calendar app as it stands to date. It would not have been hard for Apple to allow us to look at a given day to see if we have anything scheduled. I understand that the Watch is for quick glances, but that is exactly what it is that so many of us desire...the ability to take a glance and see if we're open on a given day.

Sure, this will hopefully come in future software updates...but really, it's something that should have been included from the beginning.

6. bothfly737 thread starter macrumors member

Ok, figured it out.
    When your in Today View.
    Hard Press the screen, Force Touch it.
    The Option for List View with be there to change it

7. iamasmith macrumors 6502

iamasmith

It's now got 3 views.

Go into the active one (not the overview screen showing the month) and force touch :)

It will allow you to select one of the 2 views currently not active.

Day
    Today
    List