Calendar colors

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by brguest, Aug 27, 2008.

1. brguest macrumors member

I need some help please! I use a Mac and I have a MobileMe account. The colors for each of my calendars match on my laptop and on me.com, but on my iPhone they aren't right. It's frustrating having my work and home bullet point colors incorrect. I can't find anywhere to edit what colors the iPhone displays. Am I missing something - can anybody help?

Thanks greatly.

2. Mindflux macrumors 68000

Mindflux

3. bilibug macrumors regular

bilibug

The bullets in the iPhone calendar will not match either iCal or MobileMe via sync. They are assigned automatically to each new calendar in this order:

Red
    Orange
    Blue
    Green
    Purple

(I may have the last two reversed)

What you can do is create a dummy calendar to use a color you don't want, to force a valid calendar to use the color you wish to assign to it. Then, after sync, delete the dummy calendar. Once assigned, the color for your real calendars will stick.

-B

4. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Go into Settings>Mail, Contacts, Calendar>.Mac Account and make sure that Calendars is tabbed on. This should fix the problem.

5. Mindflux macrumors 68000

Mindflux

failboat.

6. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Pretty much. Hopefully it will be fixed soon. That's my plan: to wait for a fix.

If it's super-critical, you can get the correct colors by turning off the calendars in the MobileMe settings and sycning them by USB using iTunes.

That method doesn't have the bug and the colors come in correctly.

I feel the over-the-air syncing is more important than the colors, though, and just put up with them being wrong for now.

7. philgilder macrumors 68000

usb sync also messes up the colours...

8. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

I must have spoken to someone who managed to hit the same colors on the phone as his computer totally by accident!

I don't use USB, but I'd heard it was fine for the person I spoke to. Must be a coincidence.

9. philgilder macrumors 68000

well i heard colours worked fine with MobileMe, so it would appear no one really knows whats going on... :rolleyes:

10. AiralynRose macrumors 6502a

mine didnt work at first... but then one day they started working.

11. spooky2k macrumors 6502a

All of the colours on mine are spot on.

Just change them on iCal so that they match the colours on the phone (right click>Get Info>change colour).

12. alFR macrumors 68020

Colours sync correctly via MobileMe over the air for me, but incorrectly via USB. I understood this was the generally-accepted way this behaves?

13. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

This is what has worked for me...

Log onto me.com via your computer. Highlight each calendar individually and hit ctrl + i to get info...select the correct color. If the colors are all already the right ones, change each one to a different color, then change them back to the correct ones. I don't know why it needs this step, but it does. When you're done, check the iPhone. If the new colors have not synced, go into settings and turn calendar sync off and back on. You should be good to go.

14. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

That is what cleared it up for me.