Calendar consitently pulls focus

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by yonington, Oct 17, 2014.

1. yonington macrumors newbie

Hi all - I use Mail and Calendar and every time someone accepts a meeting invite or sends me a new calendar invite and the notification pops up, the Calendar app pulls focus and becomes the primary application. I will be typing a email or a doc and all of sudden the calendar pops up and I am no longer in Mail/word/whatever.

Does anyone else experience that? It drives me nuts :mad: - is there anyway to turn it off?!

You can't just turn off the email notifications for calendar events and I want email notifications for the rest of my mail... really frustrating. Thoughts?

2. yonington thread starter macrumors newbie

So... no one has an idea? Am I the only one experiencing this? I can't imagine I am doing something so unique with my Mail and Calendar...

3. Alrescha macrumors 68020

You might be unique in that you get so many invitations that this is an annoyance :)

In Mail Preferences/General, you can tell mail to not send invites to Calendar - while that gives you control over the situation, the cure may be worse than the disease. In any case, I do sympathize as I do not like 'focus thieves' as I call them.

A.