Calendar & Contact sync with Outlook

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Phils2888, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Phils2888 macrumors newbie

I am using the default apps for calendar & contact on my Iphone 6, which I like. I can sync additions & changes from my home computer where I am using Outlook 2016 to the phone but I can't figure out how to sync changes or additions that are made on my phone to the home computer. Is this possibe?
    Thanks.
    Phil

2. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

My experience with Contacts and Calendar is limited but I will try to help.

Way back in iOS 6 Apple's default for Contacts and Calendars was to use iCloud. I found that I could do exactly as you describe and the reason for that was that since my contacts and calendars were in iCloud they would not push to my devices.

So, I ditched the entire thing and went to Google for all of that. I'm not advising something so drastic but if iCloud is still operating in the same manner I wouldn't be surprised.

However, I know with a PC you can use iTunes through Outlook to sync contacts and calendars. Not so sure with Mac, or at least with the later versions of OS X and Mac.

3. Phils2888 thread starter macrumors newbie

--- Post Merged, Mar 29, 2017 ---
    I believe you are correct in that I-tunes is used to sync outlook on the pc. I wonder if that has to be done to sync the reverse direction.