Calendar Dock Icon Problem

Discussion in 'macOS Sierra (10.12)' started by David G., Nov 26, 2016.

1. David G. macrumors 65816

Here's an interesting problem I have.

The icon that resides in the dock for the Calendar application messes up with displaying the month and the date every so often. It works properly after I restart my computer, or log out and log back in into my account. It errors after an unknown amount of time, and I have not determined any specific action by me that causes it to go wonky. I have observed it continue the same type of error when switching dates at midnight. It'll go from displaying one messed up day to the next messed up day instantaneously. A compilation of screenshots is included.

The error remains even when I open the application. I have not messed with the coding of the app at all ever, or of the operating system in any significant way in a long time.

It's been going on for a couple weeks for me. Any ideas what could have caused this? Also, how can I fix it?

Calendar-Dock-Issue.jpg

MBP Mac OS Details: And yes I have the public release beta installed. I've disenrolled from that release program, though. I don't think it has anything to do with betas though, but I may be wrong. I'm more looking for specific root causes and fixes, than something overarching like this.
    MBP-Mac-OS-Sierra-Details.jpg

2. fisherking macrumors 603

fisherking

this IS in fact fixed with the latest beta (u can find my own thread about the problem on this forum).

so, should be fine with the next official release