Calendar editing

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by samread, Oct 16, 2007.

1. samread macrumors newbie

As a committed Apple computer user and a recent buyer of iPod touch, I cannot understand Apple's thinking in making editing of calendar impossible. OK, we can sync with the computer but making new entries while away from home is still a back-of-the-envelope job. Why??????

2. Ubuntu macrumors 68000

Ubuntu

Guess they needed to make the iPod Touch deliberately inferior to the iPhone. The iPod is stable, the iPhone is a new product for Apple.

3. Evangelion macrumors 68040

I jailbroke my touch, installed the calendar from the iPhone and enabled editing. I now have editable calendar that syncs with my desktop-calendar :)

4. samread thread starter macrumors newbie

Calendar editing

Yes - but a) you had to have an iPhone (which I won't have), b) you had to invalidate your touch guarantee and c) you had to know how to do it - which I don't. How much more sensible to provide the faciltity in the first place.

5. rafski macrumors newbie

I believe Steve Jobs has already stated that this bug (Yea right) would be fixed in a future release.

6. PkennethV macrumors 6502a

It's probably becuase calender syncing is only supported in Leopard...which isn't out yet.

7. davidjearly macrumors 68020

davidjearly

Er, no it is supported in Tiger and will remain to be so.

8. madmaxmedia macrumors 68030

It's because they don't want to cannibalize sales from their upcoming 'iEnvelope' product.