Calendar/Email/Contact auto update help

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by pvr02, Nov 17, 2008.

1. pvr02 macrumors newbie

Here is my scenario. I have my itouch setup to sync with my gmail account. This includes e-mail, contacts, and calendar. I'm mostly worried about the calendar.

Say it's 1pm. I setup an appointment on my laptop through gmail.com for 5pm (including a 10 minute warning). I don't use the itouch between 1pm and 5:30pm. At 5:30pm I hit the menu button and enter my passcode. No warning about my 5pm appointment. It never alerted me at 4:50pm like i asked. In the mean time I have been in an area where there is a wireless signal that I have connected to in the past.

Is there anyway to setup the itouch to automatically check it or does it only update when i go into the calendar?

2. ohthefunk macrumors newbie

Update?

Any update or new thoughts on this? I rarely ever use the actual calendar app. But I still want my CalDAV and Exchange calendars to update automatically without opening the calendar app.

Please help!

3. androiphone macrumors 65816

you have to start the calendar up for it to sync, the push bit only works for email, it only takes a second to open and then close the calendar app or your whole ipod so I would just do that,

It's also the same for all other types of sync like mobileme, only the email is push all the others are sync on open, and if its open already you can 'shake to sync'

4. metalhead777 macrumors regular

I would suggest getting used to using the Calendar app. It may not be what you would like it to be, but it does notify you of what you need to be notified of! There are always apps for that though too. :D :apple: