Calendar entry created on iPad does not sync

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by babylonlarry, Dec 9, 2010.

1. babylonlarry, Dec 9, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2010

babylonlarry macrumors newbie

babylonlarry

I use google calendar on MBP, linked to the native calendar(with the date number in white & red icon) on iPhone and iPad. Events created on MBP and iPhone sync with the others by wifi, but today I created an entry on iPad which did not upload and sync via wifi. I haven't tried a docking sync (which would be a cumbersome solution).
    In looking at settings in calendar, it seems that syncing may be incoming only. I can do an outgoing sync in google calendar, but I much prefer the look of "native"

Solutions? TIA, Larry

2. BobbieM629 macrumors regular

This is an older thread, but I am looking for a solution to this VERY same problem?! Anyone?

3. Xeryuslee macrumors newbie

When you add an event, are you making sure to select the calendar linked to your google account?

4. DefBref macrumors 6502

As xeryuslee says make sure your using the correct calendar, by default it uses the ipad calendar, change it in settings if you want it to always use your google calendar.

5. BobbieM629 macrumors regular

Yes I do have it set up to go to my GOOGLE calendar and even changed that to be my default calendar...

6. michaelo macrumors newbie

michaelo

You might want to check the settings in I tunes regarding the syncing of your calendars....

Mick

7. BobbieM629 macrumors regular

I understand about this, but when I add entries on my iPhone it automatically goes to my online gmail.. Without syncing in iTunes. That doesn't happen on the iPad. If I chose to sync it, it wants to sync with iCal on the MacBook, which has nothing in it because I use Google calendar.

Why is this so hard and frustrating.. I've never had a problem with my Apple items incouldnt resolve :(

8. gonads90 macrumors newbie

Gives me the irks

I've been having the exact same problem. Put in a event into google calenders and it syncs with the ipad. Put an event into the ipad with no luck syncing to google AAHHH i've reset the ipad setting about 3 times so far and looked at google as much as i can with no luck .!!!

any suggestions would be great.

9. javeria1990 macrumors newbie

I need to find out the date I entered an event on my calendar.