Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kronborg

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 24, 2011
Copenhagen
Try enabling that option, but set it for a different time. See if it then sets that alert as well as the "00:00" alert for new items.

When setting the iCloud.com alert setting to "1 hour before", events created via iCloud.com get that single alert attached (showing on all devices). Events created in Calendar on the Mac still only get the midnight alert set.

Thing is, when creating an event in Calendar on the Mac, no alerts are visible there. iCloud.com also shows no alerts for such events. It's only on the iPhone and iPad the rogue alerts are showing.

dcorban

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2007
There are individual settings on the iPhone and iPad themselves as well. Have you confirmed the settings there?

kronborg

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 24, 2011
Copenhagen
Good news, everyone!

After updating my iPad to iOS 6, the alarms don't show up anymore! So it must have been a problem with iOS 5 somehow.

Yesterday I was on the phone with an Apple technician, but he and his colleagues had not heard about the problem, and didn't know how to solve it. We tried creating a new user on the Mac (and then create an event in Calendar), and tried to restore the iPhone as new (and then load events created on the Mac). Nothing worked.

The other problem, where a timed event is edited into a full-day event, and afterwards shows up on the iPhone/iPad as a two-day event, still persists in iOS 6, however. But that's much less annoying than the damn alarms. I'm still in contact with the technician, and will try to solve that some way.

There are individual settings on the iPhone and iPad themselves as well. Have you confirmed the settings there?

Naturally :)

jennyp

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2007
Yep - after the recent iOS 6 and Mountain Lion updates the bug has disappeared for me. Hooray!

jennyp

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2007
I spoke too soon. I'm still getting unwanted alerts on the iPhone after creating events on the iMac.

kronborg

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 24, 2011
Copenhagen
I spoke too soon. I'm still getting unwanted alerts on the iPhone after creating events on the iMac.

That's too bad. Still no luck? The unwanted alerts are gone on iOS 6 on both my iPhone and iPad.

Do your (unwanted) alerts actually go off? I discovered that mine did not.

jennyp

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2007
They've just stopped occurring - I think there must have been some residual stuff going on, but it's OK now. Case closed I hope! :)

chikidee

macrumors newbie
Dec 22, 2012
Still having same issue with 6.0.1

My all day events are still creating alerts at around midnight (actually 12:50am), even though my iPhone and iPad are updated to OS version 6.0.1. I have my all-day alert default, on all devices, set to "off."

Critterbug

macrumors member
Oct 18, 2011
Foster City, CA
Mee too

My all day events are still creating alerts at around midnight (actually 12:50am), even though my iPhone and iPad are updated to OS version 6.0.1. I have my all-day alert default, on all devices, set to "off."

I got just one the other day. I'm hoping it was an orphan.

jgagne

macrumors newbie
Feb 9, 2014
I had the exact same problem (had 3 default alarms set to popup-10 minutes, mail-10 minutes and mail-1 day), which was extremely annoying, and all my calendar options on Mac, iPhone and iPad were off. Here's what worked for me :

Have any of you checked your settings on iCloud.com yet? Go to the Calendar app there, click the gear and choose Preferences, and scroll down. Look for this setting:

That's the most likely culprit. I had the same issue with a Google Calendar at one point.

jW

When I went on iCloud.com in the preferences, this option was set to "None". However, I have turned it on, saved preferences, opened preferences again, put it back to "None" and then saved again, and it fixed my problem !

Thanks again Mal.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.