Calendar event saved to wrong calendar cannot change

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Jigga, Mar 3, 2012.

1. Jigga macrumors 6502

I setup an event using Siri but forgot it saved the event to the default calendar. Normally I'd just delete and re-add the event, but the invitees already accepted.
    I'd like to just change the event to my other calendar to stay organized.
    Is this possible?

2. normanbates macrumors regular

Go to the event and click 'Edit' then scroll down to the option which shows which calendar it is then change it simples :)

3. Jigga thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the reply but unfortunately the option isn't there :confused:

4. Goku0187 macrumors newbie

If the calendar you saved to is a shared calendar that is not hosted by you, you cannot save when invites are involved. I think this is a bug that needs to be addressed. Has caused problems with my office in the past

5. Jigga thread starter macrumors 6502

The saved to calendar is my Gmail calendar. The calendar I'd like to move it to is an Exchange calendar.
    I checked an appointment that was initially saved to my Exchange Calendar and can't move that one either.

6. Jigga thread starter macrumors 6502

It's so odd, I am able to edit old events Pre my 4S this week (I had a 4 beforehand).
    I also tried removing both calendar, rebooting, and re-adding with no luck.

7. Jigga thread starter macrumors 6502

After doing quite a bit of research it appears that iOS locks events that have people invited.
    You can change pretty much everything except which calendar it's on.

8. Marty macrumors newbie

same issue - additional troubleshooting info

I am experiencing the same issue. As a test, I created a new account on my Mac, setup Mail, and found a message with an ICS invite.

The event showed on the correct date in Calendar.

I went back to my other Mac account and deleted Calendar prefs and caches from the user Library folder, but this did not address the issue.

I think next I will login using the test account on my Mac and rename the Library folder of my main account. When I log back into my main mac account a fresh Library folder will be created.

Then I can migrate items from the Library folder piecemeal as needed (such as the Safari folder)