Calendar Events (Alert on date of event) Question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tryppy, Aug 13, 2008.

1. tryppy macrumors member

Just had a quick question about Calendar Events.

When you set, lets say a Birthday on the Calendar and set it as an "All day Event" & set the alert to "On date of event" what time does it notify you at?

Should I expect to get an alert tonight at 12am stating "Birthday!!!" or will it notify me at a decent hour? lol

(yes I know I can change it from an all day event and set it for later in the day but that's not my question)

Thanks!

EDIT: 08.14.08
    For those who don't know ; The iPhone woke me up at 12am letting me know it was someone's birthday today. Pissed me off a little but I was expecting it. Even though I have sync'd with my iCal (Osx) and had set in the options that my work day starts @ 8am.

This little problem will hopefully be addressed sometime in the future. Until then it's best to not set an alert "On date of event" but as a specific time. *sometime after you're usual wake up time*

Unless of course someone has a fix for this.

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

I think it reminds you at whatever time you have set at "Start of Work day" be it 8am, 9am, etc.

TEG

3. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

Clever... Anyone test?

Is there a way to get it to notify you at the event time? Rather than 5 min before?

4. Carpe Deez macrumors member

Where do you set this on the iPhone?

5. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

in my experience it goes off at midnight ... which i find pretty annoying..
    this might be for every event time, or it might only be for "all day long", i don't remember, cause i don't use that alarm setting anymore.

6. tryppy thread starter macrumors member

For those who don't know ; The iPhone woke me up at 12am letting me know it was someone's birthday today. Pissed me off a little but I was expecting it. Even though I have sync'd with my iCal (Osx) and had set in the options that my work day starts @ 8am.

This little problem will hopefully be addressed sometime in the future. Until then it's best to not set an alert "On date of event" but as a specific time. *sometime after you're usual wake up time*

Unless of course someone has a fix for this.