Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nitsuj1098

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 11, 2011
Hi all. I hope this isn't a common question, I've searched much and haven't run across my specific problem.

So my job is estimating construction jobs. My office often needs to email me meetings I have to attend. Normally, I get an email, click the attachment, the calendar event opens and I click "add to calendar", then asks if I accept the entry. This is how it's worked, flawlessly, for the last few years. All of the sudden this week, it' no longer functioning like it always has. The new behavior is as follows:

Get the event emailed to me, click the attachment like always. Click "add to calendar" like always. It then gets added, and gives me the option to delete the event, but doesn't give me the "accept" button. Here's when it gets screwy. The meeting is then added to my calendar, but if I go to that day and open the event, it opens, then disappears. Gone, it's off my calendar. If I don't go to that day, it seems to stay on may calendar for a while, but will eventually be dropped.

I hope I'm describing this in a way that makes sense. Bottom line is, tomorrow I have three meetings. They were all emailed to me within the last week, none of them appear on my calendar. I've come to rely on my calendar.

So here's what I know. The appointments are being sent to me in the same way they always have, on a windows PC, via outlook. Nothing has changed. I recently updated my phone (iphone 6) OS to 10.3.1, I honestly can't remember if that's when this problem started. I would assume not since searching hasn't revealed hundreds of other people experiencing this issue.

Any ideas?

nitsuj1098

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 11, 2011
I was afraid someone would ask that. I don't really know. A third party, but I don't know who. I ruled them out as the cause of my issue since no one else in the company is currently having the same problem as me. My guess is, a setting was either accidentally changed by me, or screwed up when I updated.

Floridamp

macrumors newbie
Apr 29, 2017
I am having exactly the same problem as you describe. I have an iPhone 6 with iOS 10.3.1. Issues started on Wednesday or Thursday. Any answers?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.