Calendar Events in Spotlight?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by bmagsam0307, Jul 29, 2013.

1. bmagsam0307 macrumors member

I'm not sure if I am the only person that has noticed this, as I have yet to stumble upon it being mentioned. Previously in previous versions of iOS (such as iOS 6), when using the Spotlight search, I would be able to search for Calendar events. For example, if I were searching in Spotlight for the name of the Calendar event, it would show up.

However, now in iOS 7, nothing from Calendar shows up in Spotlight. Of course, the Calendar app has its own dedicated search function within the app itself, but it is cumbersome to have to go into the app. I used this function very frequently, so I'm bummed that it is gone.

Has anybody found a fix for this?

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

Seems to work for me. Do you have events checked as one if the searchable items in Spotlight Search settings?

3. bmagsam0307 thread starter macrumors member

It is checked in my settings. I unchecked and then rechecked it. For whatever reason, only some of the events show up in Spotlight. Maybe about 20% of them. Can you verify that all of your events work in Spotlight please?

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

As far as I can tell I can search for all of them. Could it perhaps be dependent on perhaps different calendars and perhaps some that might not work for some reason?

5. bmagsam0307 thread starter macrumors member

All of my Calendar events are from the same iCloud account. It is strange though because only some work. I tried comparing one that works to one that doesn't to see if I can find something that may be an issue, but I can't find anything.

6. bmagsam0307 thread starter macrumors member

7. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

Reset All Settings? That's all I can think of. My Spotlight work fine.

8. bmagsam0307 thread starter macrumors member

I downloaded beta 5 today and now it works like a charm! :)