Calendar: Hide some birthdays

Discussion in 'OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)' started by avatar888, Oct 26, 2012.

1. avatar888 macrumors newbie

I've always found iCal's Birthday calendar to be really useful (the one that automatically pulls from Contacts).

However, since turning on Facebook integration I now have loads more contact cards & birthdays in Contacts meaning the Birthdays calendar is simply flooded. There are so many displaying that I'm not really bothered about (a lot of acquaintances on Facebook).

Is there a way to selectively choose which birthdays get pulled into the calendar? Or is there a way to hide all birthdays from Facebook contact cards?

2. lipids macrumors newbie

did you ever find a solution for this problem?

3. avatar888 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. madsci954 macrumors 68030

As far as I know with FB integration, it's either all off or all on. Meaning, you can import all your FB contacts into your Contacts or none of them. And for calendar, its the same, either all your FB birthdays are imported or non of them are.

5. kdum8 macrumors 6502a

kdum8

This has long been a feature I have wished for. I want to have various contact's date of birth info in my contacts but only want birthdays for the people I care about to show up in Calendar. Unfortunately for now it is all or nothing.

Feature request it from Apple. Maybe one day it will show up.

6. dds47 macrumors newbie