Calendar :( I can't get the add button to show up :(

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by bliks, Oct 12, 2007.

1. bliks macrumors member

I even put the iphone version of calendar on and it still wont show the add button. I added the line of code to the plist file too. Any ideas?

2. Zeromus macrumors member

Zeromus

Read this carefully: http://www.tuaw.com/2007/10/11/hack-enable-adding-calendar-events-on-your-ipod-touch as there are a few updates to clarify where to put the new lines. You don't need the iPhone version of Calendar, the touch version does fine.

Don't let me hijack the thread, but in regards to adding the add button, can you sync back calendar events added on the iPod touch to your Mac?

If you can't, it doesn't seem worth it to me.

3. bliks thread starter macrumors member

ahh alright thanks will try it out in a second after my cats leaves me alone.

where is this "Update: Reader Andi notes that you need to put the editableUserData under "capabilities" not under "root" in the property list." does that mean theres another spring board n45ap.plist somewhere else on the touch?

Well, since the touch calender wasnt ment to have an add button I would assume no, but you could try the iphone versio casue the add would be native wouldnt it?

sorry for the double post.

But is there a plist editor for windows?

4. SirithX macrumors 6502

SirithX

Yes, added calendar events made on the Touch will sync into iCal on your Mac.

If you don't want to add code, simply replace the Cal app you have on your Touch with the one from the iPhone and it will work fine. Either way will work.

5. Rapmastac1 macrumors 65816

Rapmastac1

I did exactly that and I still don't have the add button. I have Notes and Weather and stuff working just fine. I even erased the calander off the touch and put the new iphone calander 1.1.1 from that blog site and it still doesn't work, it shows up, but no add button...

6. bliks thread starter macrumors member

exactly the same as me Rap...

When I installed the custom springboard err rearranged one that somebody on the forums uploaded i had the add button, but i didnt like how the buttons were laid out, so I went back to the default one.l... well, its slightly moded, i got it off another site, I like the layout... but theres no add button on teh calendar with this one. even when I added the code to the plist file.

Could somebody upload a working one for me with the apps in this order? safari youtube mail maps (next line) calendar contacts notes clock (new line) calculator and settings with the dock the same as default?

That would be muchly appreciated

7. maximus96 macrumors 6502a

maximus96

what i did was erase the mobilecal.app from the touch, then upload the iphone's mobilecal.app and it worked fine

8. kevbo1983 macrumors member

9. bliks thread starter macrumors member

I tried that... and now calendar wont work at all

lol do I have to re chmod the directory?

Edit: I just re chmoded the directory... the app works... but no add button... this is sort of ticking me off lol... the only dificulty im having with with the hackin of the touch

10. Rapmastac1 macrumors 65816

Rapmastac1

So if I'm getting this right, I have looked on that one website that says how to edit the list thing, and you need springboard, which doesn't currently work with the touch (at least the one from the main menu)

11. bliks thread starter macrumors member

I got it to work after some poking around and comparing different n45ap files :D

Code:
        <dict>
            <key>bundles</key>
            <array/>
            <key>capabilities</key>
            <dict>
                <key>editableUserData</key>
                <true/>
                <key>piezo-clicker</key>
                <true/>
            </dict>
            <key>displayOrder</key>
            <dict>
    Under plist version just past that ^^^ into your n45ap.plist file and you will be good to go. if you need more help email me at bliks06-at-gmail-dot-com

12. thebusdriver16 macrumors member

where can i find the n45ap file fore windows. I cant find it anywhere

13. kevbo1983 macrumors member

Can you get into the Touch and transfer files? If not, you can download this:
    http://ftp.ssh.com/pub/ssh/SSHSecureShellClient-3.2.9.exe
    Then run the "Secure File Transfer Client" and connect to the Touch.

The file is here on the Touch:
    Media_sym/System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/N45AP.plist