Calendar in El Capitan

Discussion in 'OS X El Capitan (10.11)' started by ErickPB, Oct 11, 2015.

1. ErickPB macrumors newbie

El Capitan is running well. But there has been a change in Calendar, Month view. Times have been added to each activity. That reduces the space for the heading and makes the Month view much less useful. Is there a way to turn off the times? I have not located a means to do it. Such as Calendar preferences, etc.

2. NoBoMac macrumors 6502a

Are you referring to the time the event is at to the right of the event title? Been that way for me for as long as I can recall.

Attached Files:

3. ErickPB thread starter macrumors newbie

4. ErickPB thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, that is the time to which I refer. It is greyed and in caps.

That time has not been there before when I was using Yosemite. In any event, is there a way to delete it in the Month View?

5. NoBoMac macrumors 6502a

Best of my recollection, it's always shown event times. As far back as I can remember (since Leopard), and never used a switch to enable event time displaying.

Now, what I did notice with El Capitan is that the first time I started Calendar, it created a window larger than I usually have. Did a little test, and by shrinking down the width of the calendar, the event time field disappears. Obvious down-side: the amount of text that can be displayed for an event shrinks as well.

6. ErickPB thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks !!!! That is it. I just had to shrink the window a little bit and the times went away. The net result is I have more space for the event than before.

Thanks so much.