Calendar in iOS 7 needs help.

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by typ356, Sep 28, 2013.

1. typ356 macrumors newbie

typ356

The calendar is my least favorite update in the new iOS. The month overview does not give you enough information. I miss the color-coded of what was going on for each day of my calendar. The Day view takes up too much of the screen. It almost doesn't seem as clean as the rest of the iOS 7 design. It's the one app I've heard from most of my friends that they don't like the new calendar and I'm also hearing it from my mother and her friends.

Apple, the calendar needs your attention.

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

Based in many existing calendar threads here and elsewhere there are many people who have similar issues with the Calendar app in iOS 7.

That said, aside from using a third party calendar app, the only other possibility is to hope that Apple modifies it (for the better) in a future update.

3. NateEssex macrumors 6502

List view

Please give us the list view back!!!

Is there a viable alternative?

4. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Push the search icon - magnifying glass - might help temporarily

5. dcpmark macrumors 6502a

6. thefourthpope macrumors 6502a

thefourthpope

I like the update overall, but you're right that not everything is for the better. Some of what I see as benefit might just be because of the increased screen estate from the 4S to 5C, but navigating weeks, months, and years is much improved.

The main issue for me is wanting to see more than 6.5 hours at a glance.

I definitely think the day view can be more efficient. The week-tracker thing at the top of the screen in day view could probably be 30% thinner. On the week view it could probably be up to 50% thinner.

I can't believe they haven't added custom repeats to events. So many times I add an event but then have to remember to go back into iCal (or better yet, outlook, yuck!) to set the proper recurrence.

And I really can't believe they haven't sorted shared calendars better. I still get an update in the "inbox" every time my wife adds an event to her calendar.

7. NateEssex macrumors 6502

Yeah

I have seen that icon.. Always wondered what it was for :rolleyes:

I was actually looking for first-hand feedback on a calendar app from power users, but thanks for the input...

8. lord e55ex macrumors member

A little off subject but the icloud.com version of Calendar is actually ok. just a shame you cannot look a specific entries without using the search feature as mentioned in the app....:mad: