calendar in my 4thgen itouch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by bcruzin, Jan 12, 2011.

1. bcruzin macrumors newbie

i've been told by apple support this am that i can't save anything older than jan 2010 in the calendar. is this really true? i've been trying to add an event in the 1983 and i don't sync with any calendaring system, so i don't click on info to sync. and every morning, i check and it disappears. why?

2. ascendedoshen macrumors member

Completely untrue!

The apple support folks largely read off a manual and often don't really know as much as they should about all the devices.

3. Drucifer macrumors regular

I think the calendar is designed to let users keep track of appointments or special events. Why are you trying to save something for the year 1983?

4. ssdeg7 macrumors 6502a

ssdeg7

that's not true, you can even try to sync it through iCal and back to your iPhone or iPod, it will still be stored. I have events from more than 10 years ago and they are in my Calendar

5. bcruzin, Jan 13, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2011

bcruzin thread starter macrumors newbie

i mainly use it when i travel to remember when & where we've been. not getting any younger, and love that i can scroll back to dates when i think of things. can't depend on the spouse anymore to remember things. lol....
    anyway i have the 1st gen as well and i have things back to 1983 and it nevers disappears.

6. bcruzin thread starter macrumors newbie

what's ical?