Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bcruzin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 12, 2011
i've been told by apple support this am that i can't save anything older than jan 2010 in the calendar. is this really true? i've been trying to add an event in the 1983 and i don't sync with any calendaring system, so i don't click on info to sync. and every morning, i check and it disappears. why?

ascendedoshen

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2009
Kauai
Completely untrue!

The apple support folks largely read off a manual and often don't really know as much as they should about all the devices.

Drucifer

macrumors regular
Apr 28, 2008
i've been told by apple support this am that i can't save anything older than jan 2010 in the calendar. is this really true? i've been trying to add an event in the 1983 and i don't sync with any calendaring system, so i don't click on info to sync. and every morning, i check and it disappears. why?

I think the calendar is designed to let users keep track of appointments or special events. Why are you trying to save something for the year 1983?

ssdeg7

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2010
that's not true, you can even try to sync it through iCal and back to your iPhone or iPod, it will still be stored. I have events from more than 10 years ago and they are in my Calendar

bcruzin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 12, 2011
i mainly use it when i travel to remember when & where we've been. not getting any younger, and love that i can scroll back to dates when i think of things. can't depend on the spouse anymore to remember things. lol....
anyway i have the 1st gen as well and i have things back to 1983 and it nevers disappears.

Last edited:

bcruzin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 12, 2011
that's not true, you can even try to sync it through iCal and back to your iPhone or iPod, it will still be stored. I have events from more than 10 years ago and they are in my Calendar

what's ical?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.