Calendar is un-usable in OS2.

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Scott-n-Houston, Oct 19, 2015.

1. Scott-n-Houston macrumors 6502a

I'm so fed up with the bugginess of the Apple Watch. Usually, it's smaller things that I can live with given its infancy as a product, but having so many bugs in the calendar is inexcusable.

I've reset Sync Data I don't know how many times… it does NOTHING.

The only option is to un-pair then re-pair the watch and that's only temporary.

Ultimately, it will not keep sync with my iPhone's calendar even though it's set to "mirror".

I've searched with no luck… any suggestions?

2. Scott-n-Houston thread starter macrumors 6502a

Additional info that I forgot to include…

I use it with Exchange and iCloud. There are sync issues with both.
    It doesn't appear to be related to the source of the calendar but with the syncing to my iPhone given that both Exchange and iCloud calendar events fail to sync properly.

3. doboy macrumors 68000

sorry, but no problems here with iCloud, Google, & Exchange (company) calendar.

4. Scott-n-Houston thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks.

I know I'm not alone based on a few threads I've found here and there, but the subject hasn't really been vetted as far as I can tell.

5. NotSafeForWork, Oct 19, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2015

NotSafeForWork macrumors regular

NotSafeForWork

I see 2 key bugs:

1) Recurring Exchange meetings that have exceptions are frequently not updated accurately on the watch even though they are correct on the iPhone (this bug has been acknowledged by the Fantastical folks and Apple apparently know about it). The iPhone calendar used to show the same buggy behavior but was fixed in iOS 8 - I am guessing the Watch team snapped an older build and the fixes didn't make it over to their code tree. Workaround is to Reset Sync Data (not necessary to re-pair).

2) Complication and Time Travel sometimes get stuck - I will see the morning's appointment (say 9-10am) on the complication even though it is now 4pm. Workaround is to Reset Sync Data (not necessary to re-pair).

Reset Sync Data doesn't give you any notification it is working, you just select it and wait and the watch will update (correctly) over the next 1-2 minutes.

Both of these are painful given the Calendar complication is the "killer app" for my watch and not being able to trust it is just ugly but I have confidence they will get fixed. If you submit it to the Apple bug report system it might get fixed a little faster.

http://www.apple.com/feedback/watch.html

IMG_0057.jpg

6. KPOM macrumors G5

Does your employer install profiles to your iPhone to access enterprise functions? It could be incompatibilities with iOS 9 or Watch OS 2. My calendar hasn't synced to my Watch since iOS 9, which my employer doesn't formally support yet. Hopefully that gets resolved soon. I know it is the corporate profile because if I delete it from my iPhone, my personal calendars sync.

7. NotSafeForWork macrumors regular

NotSafeForWork

Yes, I have a profile I needed to install to sync my company's Exchange account.