Calendar issue

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by unknowng, Oct 27, 2008.

1. unknowng macrumors member

So I was looking at my schedule on my phone for some dates in Novemeber and noticed that they were all off by an hour. I assume this is due to the time change that comes up in November. However, the absolute time I have my meeting (say 9:00am) will not change though now my phone says on that date it will be at 10:00 am. Is this some kind of flaw? If I had just blindly looked at my phone for meetings in late November I would have been really off. Anybody else see this?

Greg

2. samiwas macrumors 65816

This is the sole reason I turned off time zone support in all calendar apps, and I never change the time zone on my computer (only the time itself). ical and others seem to change appointment times and such when working with time zone support. I haven't ever really taken the time to experiment with different settings and see what finally worked. I got sick of finding 10am appointments listed at 12pm because I went to a different time zone.

3. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

4. wenglish macrumors member

I'll be the first to say that the iPhone calendar is a steaming pile, but this time I have to say it is behaving correctly for me. I spot-checked a few appointments starting with next Sunday, and their start times are all correct.

In my case I am syncing with Outlook (speaking of steaming piles...).

Mike

5. unknowng thread starter macrumors member

The reason I think this is due to the time change (From daylight savings time to normal time), is because all the times are right until after the first Sunday in Nov which is when the time changes. I haven't been in any other time zones so that shouldn't be a problem.

Greg

6. unknowng thread starter macrumors member

OK so you were right...I turned off the time zone support and it fixed my times....just weird that all of the times were right until after the time change. Oh well at least it's working now. Thanks again

Greg