Calendar Issues (Locations + Travel time)

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by NHDrumline17, Oct 22, 2013.

1. NHDrumline17 macrumors member

So I'm adding addresses in the location field in my calendar, and it's not giving me a little map in the information panel like it did in the keynote, and it's not auto calculating travel time. Anybody have any suggestions?

2. crazyman3005 macrumors regular

Having the same issue, kind of sucks seems way to simple to me at the moment, and normally I love the minimalist look!

3. bdobry macrumors newbie

Same problem

I did notice that when I first click on "travel time", I can very briefly see "Calculating travel time" but then it goes away. I am really looking forward to that feature... hopefully it is fixed soon.

4. DavisEngeler macrumors member

DavisEngeler

I seem to notice that, when typing an address in the Location field, it won't calculate travel time if it doesn't search for your entry and use one of those results.

When it does happen to calculate, I've noticed it's defaulting the "from" address in the calculation to one of my addresses with no way to change it without updating/adding an earlier event with your actual from address. It's... strange and wonky.

5. jennyfer macrumors member

I'm having the same problem. I noticed I can search by a street but if I put in the actual address with a number, the directions/weather go away. Anyone else?

6. theBigD23 macrumors 6502a

I have the same issue. Is your system a 2008 Mac Pro by chance?

7. jennyfer macrumors member

Don't know if you meant me or the OP. Mine is a MacBook Pro 15-inch, Mid 2012.

8. sdsvtdriver macrumors 65816

9. theBigD23 macrumors 6502a

To anyone having this issue. Probably not machine specific.

10. theBigD23 macrumors 6502a

11. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

Try not putting in the entire address in the Location field. Add part of it, and then let the Inspector find the rest of it. If you add it that way, the travel time and weather work. It's almost as if it has to find the address on its own before giving you these options.

12. theBigD23 macrumors 6502a

I did try that, but it didn't work. It just won't find the location.

13. theBigD23 macrumors 6502a

I did try that, but it didn't work. It just won't find the location.

14. jeeepeee macrumors newbie

Hi What solved it for me was to quit Calendar. Go to System Preferences/Security & Privacy/ and turn off Location for Calendar. Start Calendar and after that allow access to location again for Calendar.
    After that my contacts addresses showed up again and it suggested streetnames. This was for an address in The Netherlands.

Hope this helps!

15. BardG macrumors newbie

Calendar Issues Travel Time & Map

I also found putting in a partial address and letting Inspector provide location suggestions works. Or, start typing a contact and let Inspector take it from there.
    Now I get travel time suggestions based on my current location and weather for the destination, it's great!

When I pasted an address into "Add Location" field it just wouldn't work, Thanks to theBigD23 and rwilliams for the suggestions, did the trick!

16. theBigD23 macrumors 6502a

The Calendar does work with existing addresses in Contacts, however, it does not work with putting in any address, where it still should show a drop down to pick an address.

17. overlordx, Nov 7, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2013

overlordx macrumors newbie

Address from Contact will not populate

when making an appointment on iCal the location shows addresses from contacts. However, they address will not populate when the list is selected. manually typing the address does not work. (i.e. no map appears

jeeepeee's fix worked for me.

18. jonbauer macrumors member

I figured out why it wasn't working for me on my iMac. You HAVE to have wifi turned ON in order for the travel time feature to work!

Hope this helps someone!

- Jon

19. theBigD23 macrumors 6502a

The issue is that the address doesn't even popup, so it doesn't even get to the point of travel time. Also, for systems like the Mac Pro, WiFi is not always an option. I have a Mac Pro without WiFi.

20. bcassid macrumors newbie

When I go to Security & Privacy, I don't see a Location option, only CoreServicesUIAgent.app. I tried turning that off, but no luck.

21. jllogan macrumors newbie

jllogan

I figured out the problem. Please see my post here: https://discussions.apple.com/message/31968932#message31968932