Calendar Issues with iOs 7

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by MisterJoji, Nov 4, 2013.

1. MisterJoji macrumors newbie

Sorry if this has been posted before but I'm having big issues with my Calendar alerts. When I'm in lock screen and a Calendar alert rings off, it often disappears from notification center almost immediately and if not, as soon as I get another kind of notification (text, email, etc.) it erases the Calendar alert as well, instead of pushing down on the list of notifications. Is this a design flaw or might it be due to the fact that I have 4 iOs devices using Calendar on iCloud, and someone else (wife or kids) might be viewing the alert on that device which causes it to think it's been "viewed" and erases it from the notification center on all devices??

On iOs 6 my Calendar alerts we're always present until I specifically closed them on my iPhone and this was really nice. The alerts aren't really of much use if I have to be by the phone the minute it goes off and if I'm not, there's no evidence on my phone that it ever went off.

Please help.

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

The alerts shouldn't disappear right away or due to other alerts. But, in iOS 7, they only appear until the end of the event they are related to--so for a 1 hour meeting, an alert would appear and then once that 1 hour for the meeting is done the alert would disappear on its own.

3. MisterJoji thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply. I saw some other info that was suggesting this so I set up a test event timed for 1 hour from now, and set the alert to 1 hour before event. It rang off, saw it on the lock screen, waited 1 minute and it was gone again, even though the event wasn't for another hour. Frustrating, especially since it was not a problem on iOs 6.

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

And you didn't tap on snooze or anything like that? Is it also not anywhere in the notification center (either in the "all" or "missing" tabs)? Is the event itself still present in the calendar that appears in the "today" tab in the notification center?

(Also, in settings for notifications, are calendar notifications set up to appear in notification center?)

5. MisterJoji thread starter macrumors newbie

Didn't touch snooze, it's not under missing or all, its completely gone. It is still present in the Calendar of the "today" tab. Calendar is set to appear in notification center. I'm assuming maybe one of my kids is hitting snooze, or touching the event "pop-up" on one of the icloud synced iPads, so it's marking it as "seen" on all the devices. Is this possible?

6. edhchoe macrumors 6502a

edhchoe

iOS 7 calendar was a mistake. Google calendar is similar to iOS 6 calendar.

7. C DM macrumors Westmere

Didn't really consider that, but that might actually be possible. I don't experience this--my alerts stay up until I dismiss them or until the end of the event at least, and even if I get them on the lock screen and then unlock they will appear in the notification center as typical alerts do (however, my iCloud setup is limited to my phone, so no other device that can really interfere in my case).

8. Meroy123 macrumors newbie

I think the calendar of IOS7 is ok,and I like use it!:eek:

9. MisterJoji thread starter macrumors newbie

So turns out that was it. I turned both the iPads Calendar notifications off and no disappearing alerts. Now is there a way to set up the 2 Calendars, one for my self and a different one for my wife, both will have the same schedules etc. but only I will get alerts for my stuff and she will get alerts for her stuff?

10. KeepCalmPeople macrumors 65816

KeepCalmPeople

Yes - you each set up you own calendar and share it as read-only with your other half. If you want the same events on both calendars you can send invitations to each other.