Calendar location field not populating Google calendar

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by rstark18, Nov 27, 2015.

1. rstark18 macrumors 6502a

When I add an address to an appointment that field most of the time does not populate the location field in my Google calendar. Everything else about the appointment syncs perfectly. Anyone have any ideas why this is happening?

2. campyguy macrumors 68030

I hate to report old news, but this is old news and IMHO there's no workaround. The only option you'll have is to put the location in the "Notes" field - Google Calendar will mostly "figure out" the location and convert it into a URL in your Google Calendar. Google's Calendar and iOS Calendar app don't map directly field-to-field - a lament of iOS users going back several years. Maybe there's a fix someone else knows about, but I'd hazard a guess that it's pretty much not changed...

I used to use Google Apps, that's the way it worked - and I switched to Exchange because the rest of my world (clients/consultants) were tired of the URL conversion and having to enter in locations/resources (rooms, buildings, etc.) correctly, and let me know about it. Cheers!

3. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

It works for me in iOS 8 and in El Capitan's Calendar both. I am syncing an old Google Apps account via standard Google setup (not Exchange).

4. rstark18 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'm on iOS9.2b4 but it's been that way for a while not just the betas. The funny thing is it "sometimes" populates, maybe 20% of the time so I know it can.
    I am using the standard Google setup in Mail and Calendars settings. I have also tried doing it via CalDAV with the same results.

5. gwhizkids macrumors 68020

gwhizkids

It does not populate either for Google or Exchange for me.

6. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

Sometimes I wonder if all Google accounts are equal.

It also works for me in my Office 365 Exchange account. iOS 8 created event synced back to my El Capitan Mac with location intact.