Calendar nightmare, need help ASAP!

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by Dekema2, Oct 21, 2014.

1. Dekema2 macrumors 6502a

Dekema2

When I try to delete a duplicate calendar from iCloud (I have two named "Home"), Calendar.app throws a fit and gives this error:

[​IMG]

I tried signing in and out of iCloud, both on my iPhone and Mac, deleting the calendar elsewhere, and disabling Calendars. None of this worked. I am using the same email address between accounts. This is an issue that has been asked about through the Apple Discussion site but no consensus was ever formed. I don't want to ask them for help because I feel I'll get the run-around. How do I fix this?

Attached Files:

2. impaler macrumors 6502

You won't like my answer - because if it's a server problem, you'll need to work it with Apple.

3. Dekema2 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Dekema2

An answer is better than no answers, so thank you for your help.

4. OzyOly macrumors 6502a

Have you tried renaming the calendar and then deleting?

As it's a precondition error, it probably deleted a calendar subscription called home, see that it's still there after the delete (the duplicate) so rolls back the changes.

5. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

Another thing to try would be to sign out of iCloud (or at least turn calendar syncing off) and then deleting the system files that "hold" all the iCloud calendars.

A re-sync after that might straighten things out.