Calendar notifications even for unselected shared calendars?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by phositadc, Sep 27, 2013.

1. phositadc macrumors 6502

I use Google for my calendars. I have three calendars that I can view on my Google account, let's call them 1, 2, and 3. When I go into the iOS7 Calendar app, and hit the "Calendars" button at the bottom, it takes me to a screen where I can see all my Calendars. I have check marks by Calendars 1 and 2, but I unselected Calendar 3 so that there is no check mark by it.

In day, week, and month views, Calendar 3 does not show up within the Calendar app.

HOWEVER, I nevertheless get notifications from Calendar 3, 15 minutes before an event is supposed to start. Under "Mail, Contacts, and Calendar" in iOS settings, I do have "Shared Calendar Alerts" turned on. However, Calendar 2 is a shared calendar, and I need alerts from it. I do not need alerts from Calendar 3, which is why I turned it off within the Calendar app itself. But, as stated, I nevertheless get alerts.

Anybody else experiencing the same behavior? Any recommendations as to how I can get Calendar 3 to stop giving me alerts??

Thanks.

2. KScottMyers macrumors regular

I'm experiencing the same issue.

Can't find anything on this.

3. phositadc thread starter macrumors 6502

You can fix it by turning off the setting for a default notification time. But calendar entries that have already been added already have a notification set, so it will only work for new entries added to the shared calendars.

4. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

This method is for iOS 6 (not on 7 yet), but did you turn notifications off for that calendar? Settings>Notifications>Calendar>Calendars