Calendar on iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kwarren529, Mar 2, 2009.

1. kwarren529 macrumors newbie

I so want to purchase an iPhone, but the calendar app that comes with it is cumbersome and not made for a business person. I want to synch with outlook at work and be able to use the phone to make new appts, etc. Are there any applications out there that work like the Treo's or Blackberry?

2. philgilder macrumors 68000

you can already sync it with the calendar at work, either using usb or depending on the office set up using activesync as well, giving wireless sync. and either way you do it, you can create appointments on the iphone

3. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 603

Knowlege Bomb

He's right. And it's a very seamless process.

Where'd you get the idea the calendar was cumbersome? I use it all the time. The ability to create repeating appointments is great. Plus the fact that any reminder I set on my computer/phone automatically syncs to the other so missing that appointment is near impossible.

4. citizenwp macrumors newbie

citizenwp

Google also has a new service Google Sync.You can use Google Sync to manage your contacts and calendars and it’s a process that is completely effortless.

5. Crotalus_Joe macrumors regular

our corporate Exchange server is setup to sync wirelessly and works very well with the iPhone calendar. i can create appointments in either Outlook or the iPhone and they are automatically synced to the other device.

The only thing that i can't do is mark a non-work appointment as "private" when i create it on my iPhone.

6. ineedamac macrumors 6502

I am also able to sync with my exchange calendar. The iPhone handles this rather nicely. I can create meetings on my iPhone or on my PC in Outlook and the two devices are in sync. I can also accept new invitations that come directly to the iPhone.