Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macstatic

macrumors 68010
Original poster
Oct 21, 2005
Norway
I'm trying to print a list of "tasks" I've set up in one of my Calendar app's calendars and have chosen the "List" view and an appropriate date-range in the print dialog, but no matter what I do it insists including ALL days within that range, even if they're empty! The empty ones simply show "No entry" next to them.
This means a lot of additional reading through the list and unnecessary waste of paper!

Is there a way to ONLY print the entries that actually have something happening on those days?
I'm using Calendar 10.0 on MacOS 10.13.6 (High Sierra).

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
It does the same thing in Monterey 12.6 Calendar version 11. Unless you print one list view day at a time, there isn't a way around the "no entry" being displayed. Maybe a different calendar app would give you more options.

macstatic

macrumors 68010
Original poster
Oct 21, 2005
Norway
Thanks for clarifying.
I hadn't thought of what you said (using another calendar app), but are you perhaps saying that there are other calendar apps out there that reads the MacOS "Calendar" app's data? Or would I need to export it from the Calendar app first, then import it into the new app?

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
Thanks for clarifying.
I hadn't thought of what you said (using another calendar app), but are you perhaps saying that there are other calendar apps out there that reads the MacOS "Calendar" app's data? Or would I need to export it from the Calendar app first, then import it into the new app?
I only use the Mac calendar app so can't answer your questions, but maybe someone else can make an app recommendation and how it might work.

NoBoMac

Staff member
Jul 1, 2014
Fantastical print as list will skip days that have nothing. Guessing there are others as well.

Unfortunately, Fantastical is subscription these days, so that's a deal breaker for some (I'm grandfathered in with perpetual license minus any new functions/features).

Attachments

• list.jpeg
    list.jpeg
    49.6 KB · Views: 30
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.