Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gsmaniac

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 3, 2014
hi I've noticed that I can't scroll through the months when using my watch. For instance I want to look at a date in the following month but the calendar app only shows the current month. I checked on a friends watch and it is the same.

Is there a way to change this?

Thanks.

TxWatch

macrumors 6502
Nov 30, 2015
Texas
I have noticed the same issue and as far as I know, there is no way to see more than just the current month with the default calendar App.

It seems like it would be easy to allow us to scroll up and down a couple of months, but I guess they did not think it was needed.

TxWatch

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
I have noticed the same issue and as far as I know, there is no way to see more than just the current month with the default calendar App.

It seems like it would be easy to allow us to scroll up and down a couple of months, but I guess they did not think it was needed.

TxWatch

Apple's vision of the Apple watch was that users would interact with it for 5-10 seconds. Checking next month's calendar falls under iPhone type interaction I would guess.

Reactions: Newtons Apple

slvrscoobie

macrumors 6502a
Mar 24, 2013
NJ
moronic choice apple. Hope it gets fixed. I think I can make the decision to look at my watch for 1-2 seconds more on the 28th to see what day the 2, 5, 17th of next month falls on.
absolutely amazing oversight.

BarracksSi

Suspended
Jul 14, 2015
Let's say you can scroll to the next calendar month.

Shouldn't you then be able to tap on a day to see details? I mean, if you can scroll through the year, it just makes sense to look at a particular day's details, right?

Okay, now tap on a day. No, not the 10th, but the 17th. Oops, you hit the 25th; go back to Month view and try again.

Or maybe just use the phone. It's got a bigger screen.

Reactions: chrismac2
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.