Calendar problem. Please help!

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by old-school, Oct 23, 2011.

1. old-school macrumors 6502

So, the calendar on my iPhone won't save new events - it just gives the error message "Cannot Save Event" "That event does not belong to that event store".

Any ideas? I've got iPhone 4 with iOS5. I'm using a me.com account that used to be a mobileme account, and I'm using a GMail address for purchases.

2. old-school thread starter macrumors 6502

I've now realised that it also won't let me save any new phone contacts. It goes through the process ok, but the contact isn't saved.

3. TranceNW macrumors regular

This bug seems to be creeping up a lot.

My inlaws had a similar issue. We found going into settings > mail accounts and deleting all my accounts, restarting the device, and then re-adding them solved it. Very bizarre.

4. gentlefury macrumors 68030

Ive had a lot of issues with google accounts on my iPhone. Solution, copied my cal to ical (icloud) and copied my addresses to mobileme a while ago, and I forward my gmail to my me.com account...now the only account I have syncing on my phone is my icloud account....works perfectly.

5. TLewis macrumors 65816

Try going into Settings->Mail, Contacts, Calendars, and verify that the default accounts for contacts and calendars are correct. If they are, try changing them, and then change them back.

6. kappaknight macrumors 68000

kappaknight

Are you trying to sync with MobileMe or iCloud? There may be issues with syncing with MobileMe if you've upgraded to an iCloud account.

7. old-school thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the suggestions.

I resolved the issue by restoring through iTunes and setting the iPhone up again from backup. I think it was an iCloud related problem even though I'm sure I followed all the upgrade procedure properly. I re-added the iCloud account through the iCloud menu option, not through Mail,Contacts,Calendars.

An odd problem, but now resolved thankfully.

8. old-school, Nov 23, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2011

old-school thread starter macrumors 6502

I've opened this thread back up, because after attempting a backup sync to iCloud, I've got the problem back again. No contacts save, error messages come up in calendar.

I will reset the phone as before (long and tedious), but this is an iCloud problem.

I won't bother backing up to iCloud again. Frustrating. "It just works"...