Calendar problem

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by MacLilja, Sep 8, 2015.

1. MacLilja macrumors regular

Can someone tell me why the calendar in the watch and the one on my phone isn’t always the same. I have WeekCal and that one syncs perfect between watch and phone. Then I have the calendar app that comes with the iPhone and it doesn’t always sync.

Sometimes when I move a meeting it moves on my computer or on the phone the meeting moves on both the computer and the phone but not the watch…until the new starting time comes than the watch updates. Also sometimes a meeting isn’t showing up at all in the clock but it’s there both on the computer and the phone. It doesn’t happen often but sometimes and it’s very annoying.

It’s an exchange account.

Can someone tell me how I can fix this or why it’s happening?

2. sean000 macrumors 6502a

sean000

So it sounds like it's just an issue with the native Watch calendar app syncing with the native iOS calendar app? Do you notice anything consistent about when the problem occurs? I have seen more issues with recurring appointments and meetings than with standalone ones.

3. MacLilja thread starter macrumors regular

Yes, it's the native iOS calendar app.

Yeah, I Think that the times it has happened to me it's been recurring appointments and they have been changed from their original booking...I Think.

4. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

A number of members have reported that the Watch calendar doesn't play too well with Exchange.

5. MacLilja thread starter macrumors regular

Ah, OK. I also tried to only use the Week Cal app but that one I can't get on the Watch face :-(

6. sean000 macrumors 6502a

sean000

I haven't had any issues with Fantastical, which uses the native Exchange activesync protocol. But it does sound like this is specifically a watch OS calendar issue. Perhaps Watch OS2 will be better? Or at least we will have the option of using a third party calendar complication on the watch face.

7. Aniseedvan macrumors 65816

Yes this is a bug I'm hoping is fixed in v2.0 as I have the same problem, mostly meetings I've been invited to. you can clear out the cache and it'll sort itself out but any new meetings don't propagate over. I'm relying on the fantastical glance to give me the right info at the moment.

8. Roller macrumors 68020

Same here. In this post, I wrote about how the Watch OS calendar complication showed a cancelled meeting as if it hadn't been cancelled. I reported this to Apple.