Calendar program Freezing and crashing

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by baritony, Sep 20, 2008.

1. baritony macrumors newbie

So I did the update to 2.1 whatever a while back when it became available. Everything is fine!

Ive added new events to my calendar, just fine.

Then , just yesterday, when I opened the Calendar prg, it was blank, then it crashed. I loaded it again, and same thing.

I turned off my iphone 3G 16gig. It restarted. Loaded Calendar program... stuff is there but then it freezes and crashes.

Once I got it to let me scroll down but then it froze and crashed.

Any one got any ideas/suggests?

2. Quincy9219 macrumors regular

Restore your phone from backup and then get back to us with the results

3. baritony thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok did the restore and I have a variation of the problem.
    First a little back story. I have been using the NeuvaSync with my google calendar. I suspect thats the culprit.
    I can NOT delete this account from my setting under general/mail/etc. When I go to try, and save, it freezes my settings page and crashes.

So now after the restore, I can browse my calendar program but I can NOT add an event to it or it freezes/crashes.
    Also, when I go to delete the NuevaSync account in General/Mail, it still crashes.

Suggests on how to remove this account from my iPhone?

4. baritony thread starter macrumors newbie

Found this from their website and it solved my problem for now.

"Just a quick update, but following information provided by diligent users, we have some lines of investigation which we are pursuing on the freezing issue which can sometimes occur with iPhones or iPods running the new 2.1 firmware. We've also managed to reproduce this ourselves on a test device, and are working on a consistent reproduction case to nail it down.

If you encounter this problem, please do e-mail support with the subject 'iPhone Freezing Returned'. We've had a number of users send in reports, but more information is always good. Please include some details about--as best you can recall--the last operations you were performing before the freeze. That information is especially helpful. Things like, were you adding an entry, changing one, or not changing anything? If you were changing one, was there anything unique about the entry? We may not respond individually to each e-mail, but we are studying them.

And our thanks again to all the users who have sent us information. Thank you!"

5. 545h4 macrumors newbie

Thanks so much for posting your ordeal... I've got the exact same thing happening here, virtually word for word! I'll send nuevasync a quick email too.

6. cheapa55 macrumors 6502a

I have the same issue, emailed nuevasync, waiting for iphone's next firmware to hopefully fix it.