Calendar Question

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by matthewadams, Oct 4, 2013.

1. matthewadams macrumors regular

Hello everyone,

I have a short questions concerning the calendar application.
    Do I really have to create a contact incl. address first, before the Calendar recognizes it as a location and subsequently displays a Map?

For some reason just entering the address in the "location" field leads to nowhere.

2. lambo13 macrumors newbie

I'm having the same problem myself. If it isn't in my Contacts, then apparently it isn't smart enough to find it based on address alone. :confused:

3. activate macrumors regular

No, it should wok as you expect it to. When you start typing in the address in the Location field, you should see the spinning circle on the right hand side and then a drop search appear with the first sub category Contacts and then Suggestions which is the search items.

Make sure that you have enabled location services for the calendar and maps app in sys pref. Else maybe an app or system restart.

4. lambo13 macrumors newbie

Strange. Location services are enabled for the calendar, I've rebooted, and still no joy. I'll get a drop down of addresses in my contacts, but if I start typing a new address not in my contacts, it does nothing.

5. activate macrumors regular

Does the maps app give you suggestions when you start typing.

6. lambo13 macrumors newbie

Yes! It does! Weird. Maps acts just as you described, looking at Contacts first and then providing other recommendations in the list.

Hmm....

----------

Just restarted Calendar again and now it works!

Finally - thanks for the help!!

7. matthewadams thread starter macrumors regular

Ahh, thanks for the solutions!

The culprit actually was having Wifi disabled. (Going thru ethernet).
    Seems like suggestions only work when Location Services can pinpoint you via Wifi.