Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GfPQqmcRKUvP

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 29, 2005
Terminus
Is calendar searching working for anyone? I’m not misspelling anything. Entering anything in the search bar in the calendar app returns zero results every time. This has happened, seemingly randomly, so many times before. I have no idea how Apple’s search functionality is so hit and miss.

NoBoMac

Staff member
Jul 1, 2014
No issues here. Working in Calendar app and Spotlight/Siri search.

Are these future or past events not showing? If past, might check what the "how far back to sync" value is set to.

Last edited:

gwang73

macrumors 68020
Jun 14, 2009
California
It's kinda working for me. In the Calendar App, search seems to work fine for all my work events but won't display most of my iCloud events, past and future events.
iOS 17.0.3.

Update: Fixed it by going into Settings->Calendars->Accounts->iCloud->iCloud Calendar, toggle 'use on this iPhone' off and back on.
(you may want to try this with the accounts you are having issues with if not iCloud)

Last edited:

GfPQqmcRKUvP

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 29, 2005
Terminus
It's kinda working for me. In the Calendar App, search seems to work fine for all my work events but won't display most of my iCloud events, past and future events.
iOS 17.0.3.

Update: Fixed it by going into Settings->Calendars->Accounts->iCloud->iCloud Calendar, toggle 'use on this iPhone' off and back on.
(you may want to try this with the accounts you are having issues with if not iCloud)
This worked! Thank you.

milknhoney

macrumors newbie
Dec 1, 2013
Is calendar searching working for anyone? I’m not misspelling anything. Entering anything in the search bar in the calendar app returns zero results every time. This has happened, seemingly randomly, so many times before. I have no idea how Apple’s search functionality is so hit and miss.
Searching for certain items on Iphone return a search from 2014 to 2022 but nothing afterward. I cloud returns 0 for these same items. You can see how long I've been using Iphones and really it goies back to Iphone 4. I can no longer trust the Apple calendar and am probably gonig to switch to Google. This is but one more thing that makes me seriously going to Android. So much for loyalty

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.