Calendar sync issues

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Groundhog66, Nov 23, 2013.

1. Groundhog66 macrumors member

Groundhog66

I am running Maverick 10.9 on my iMac, and when I sync my iPhone 5s, it does not sync my calendar. I tried doing a bit of research, but the answers I have found via Google search are quite confusing. Please tell me, there is an easy resolution to this problem. Thanks for your help, much appreciated.

2. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

I don't have a quick answer, but what is your iPhone iOS version and are you also using iCloud? (I assume from your question you are plugging in to sync.)

3. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Is your Calendar set up in iCloud (on device in Settings) since Mavericks removed SyncServices from iTunes. The iTunes Info tab was removed, so iTunes can no longer Sync your Calendar, you must use iCloud.

4. Groundhog66 thread starter macrumors member

Groundhog66

So how exactly do I sync through the cloud? Sorry, I'm not very up to date with cloud services.

5. Groundhog66 thread starter macrumors member

Groundhog66

So I signed into the cloud, synced my phone again, and the calendar still did not come over.:mad:

6. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Already told you in my 1st post...

Settings -iCloud-throw the Calendars switch to on

Also go into the Preferences settings in the Calendar app on Mac under the Accounts Tab and make sure iCloud is enabled.

7. Groundhog66 thread starter macrumors member

Groundhog66

I figured that out yesterday, but was confused when they events did not transfer after the sync. I can only assume there was a delay with the could services, because they are now there as of this morning. Thank you for your input, I do appreciate it.

8. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

A sync with iTunes does not make iCloud sync. iCloud sync should be almost instantaneous across your devices and Mac.