Calendar sync to two iphones??

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jackryan57, Jan 24, 2010.

1. jackryan57 macrumors regular

I would like to set up some sort of online calendar that my wife and i can share and have it sync to both of our iphones. Any ideas?

I already use goosync on mine and would like to somehow keep that on mine - I don't want our contacts mingling - so any shared calendar would have to be a new one

Possible??

2. jobsfnby macrumors regular

Maybe busycal? It's a better calendar application...google it

3. GLOC macrumors member

Calengoo or PocketInformant will allow you to view mulitple(colour coded) calendars. Not sure about editing, might be permissions in Google calendar to allow that.

Regards

4. bluedukies8 macrumors 6502

bluedukies8

If you have your calendar setup with Google you can set it up on your phone as a CalDav. Very easy and both can add/edit appointments and it syncs with both phones no problems.

The way I have it setup is my wife just uses her Google calendar as normal on her phone. I then setup the CalDav account with her info and have her calendar on my phone to be able to see if she adds anything for me and vise versa.

5. jackryan57 thread starter macrumors regular

Ok, I guess it was easier than I thought. I simply created another account on Gmail that we both would have access to. I then set up that calendar to share editing/viewing rights with my calendar - and vice versa. It automatically brought in all my original appointments into the new calendar. Now that new one will be her default calendar and anything she adds to it will sync with mine - and vice versa.

Then I set up goosync on her iphone to that new calendar.

Bingo