Calendar Sync with outlook.com

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by etaf, Jul 28, 2013.

1. etaf macrumors member

etaf

I'm having trouble setting outlook.com up and syncing calendars for a friend

The sync works from WLM->Outlook.com->ipad and iphone
    and tried on mothers-in-law ipad and it works with Outlook.com and with hotmail.com
    using exchange server OR hotmail when setting up the account on ipad

ALL events sync in one direction PC ==> Ipad/iphone

BUT not if an event is created on the ipad - it will not sync back
    this is now on three different ipads on three different accounts

BUT
    when tested this with a different friends ipad the MK1 ipad and whatever the latest OS that supports.
    And used his hotmail account with exchange server setting on ipad and m.hotmail.com earlier in the week and when he setup the account in the ipad for hotmail using the exchange server it confirmed the m.hotmail.com server ID

and events entered on the ipad calendar synced back to hotmail.com calendar

Playing today for about 2hours with different settings and different accounts
    and it just will NOT sync back from ipad to PC

Searching on web - it looks like a apple OS update stopped this from happening and so my Mk1 version with the OLD OS still works - but the later versions with OS 6.1.3 will not

all i want to do is this

my friend has windows live mail client (shes users her own domain for email) she wants all the calendars on her PC WLM client and iphone and ipad to sync
    she doesnt care how - BUT the restrictions are just that she wants to continue to use WLM thats she has had on the pc for years

Help please

2. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

Not sure I understand completely.

Are you talking about a physical sync (via iTunes) of calendars between the iPhone/iPad that's only going one way?

3. etaf thread starter macrumors member

etaf

thanks for the quick reply

no , its online via accounts - in this case a WLM client linked to a outlook.com account ....

I have now sorted , it was because the default calendar was work and not this exchange accounts
    I had selected just this account calendar - so i thought , but turns out further down the list was birthdays
    been at this now for 3 hours this afternoon, whike i had an ipad at my disposal :)

so i was not putting the event into the correct calendar -
    now i have set up the exchange account as default and it all works now

Does mean she wont have separate calendars for work/birthday - if she wishes to sync back to outlook.com

so NO not itunes, all over the internet via account settings

4. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

Ok. Yeah, the birthday calendar thing is confusing. iOS has one, Google has one, etc.

The web interface for Outlook.com contacts has a field (via "Other") for birthdays. When you add a birthday to at least one contact, Outlook.com creates a separate "Birthday" calendar.