Calendar time zone question

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by alFR, Nov 19, 2013.

1. alFR macrumors 68020

Aug 10, 2006
    I've got a couple of trips coming up and have been having a look at the time zone support. From reading the Apple documentation, it looks like if I turn on time zone support on an iOS device the following happens:
    • You gain the ability to set the time zone of events.
    • Calendar will always show events at the time they will occur in the time zone manually selected in the Time Zone Support section of Settings > Mail, Contacts and Calendars - i.e. it won't automatically update its display time zone when you change location, you have to go in and tell it your current time zone manually.
    Is that right, or is there a way to be able to create events in a specific time zone on iOS but still have Calendar change its display time zone automatically when you change location using Location Services?
  2. Badrottie Suspended

May 8, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Calendar app on both Maverick and iOS are confusing me. Yesterday I created event on iOS for meeting for Wednesday at 2:45pm eastern time zone (I am at school in New York and my home is in California) I noticed on my Calendarapp under Maverick, it shows Tuesday at 11:45am (I am still in eastern time zone??) :apple: