Calendar Transfer

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ilovemyibook, Oct 26, 2010.

1. ilovemyibook macrumors 6502

I have an iPad and an iPhone. The iPhone is jailbroke but I won't jailbreak the iPad. I love using the calendar on the iPad and would rather use that to enter things. I always have my phone with me though so I would like to easily transfer the calendar data from the iPad to iPhone. Is there any free way to do this. I will not pay for MobileMe because I personally don't think it is worth it to me. Thanks for your help!

2. backbraker25 macrumors member

Once you've entered the info in your iPad's iCal, simply sync it followed by your iPhone. You will now have the info on your Mac/Pc iPhone and iPad.

3. ilovemyibook thread starter macrumors 6502

I guess I should mention that I want to do it without a computer. I'm letting my girlfriend use my computer and I don't want to take that from her.

4. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

5. ilovemyibook thread starter macrumors 6502

I want to use the native calendar app. I'm disappointed that bump won't let me do it. It transfers photos and contacts beautifully.

6. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I beleive Google had a way of syncing their calendar with the native iPad/iPhone calendar. Haven't tried it myself, so I'm not clear on the details.

7. mfillhart macrumors member

google calenders works great, just follow the directions on their site to set up the cal dav account. mine syncs with ipad and iphone

8. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

Yes, exactly. It works flawlessly. Also...you can access it from anywhere with internet, on any computer.

9. ilovemyibook thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks! I'll look it up. If I can't find out then I'll be back. Lol.

10. juliuspierpont macrumors member

I just finished trying to do this a couple of days ago, and gave up. When you sync with Google calendar, all of your information has to originate in the Google calendar. Once you've got your CalDAV info entered into your iPad (or iphone), its native app then reads the info off of the Google calendar and syncs with it. It doesn't go both ways as far as I could tell. That is, you can't enter stuff into the native app and have it sync to your Google calendar.

I finally gave up because trying to use the Google calendar was a total pain. It doesn't even have a copy/paste option (which I use to enter on-call jobs that I have at unpredictable times, but which are similar enough that a copy/paste function would be awesome). Plus, what's the point of entering everything into the Google calendar and then using the native app to read the events? You'd just end up using the Google calendar, which I found much less readable on the iPad than the native app.

As far as I could tell I need to have a Mobile Me account if I want that functionality, but it's not worth it to me. So, I do something similar to what one of the other members suggested above: I enter my info on the iMac, then sync the iPad. I'm not really satisfied with it, but live with it.

If I'm wrong about this, somebody please correct me. I won't be offended if I find out I can do it another way. I'd love to know.

11. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

goggle calenders will sync with push. I have mobileme (just got it) but still like how google does alarms and such so I left calenders syncing with push.
    you can drag and drop stuff in goggle calender you set repeats of all types. you can have it email you or text you or use a popup or all three for reminders.
    you can add things from your phone or ipad and it will be on google instantly.

12. backbraker25 macrumors member

Don't despair just yet, apparently 4.2 coming out next month will allow you to atleast send and receive iCal invites, meaning you'll be able to create a calendar event and send an invite to whom ever you desire.
    I've been personally waiting for this feature for sometime.