Calendar Web App

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by timmillwood, Jun 28, 2007.

1. timmillwood macrumors 6502a

I am currently developing a web site which has a custom made blog, a few static pages and a php-bb or similar forum.

I would like to add a calendar so users can add their own events. do you know of any? and also is it possible for the user to use the same login details as the forum.

2. Keebler macrumors 68030

maybe googlemaps would work if you set an account for ppl to access?

it also merges with spanning sync too, for ical.

3. timmillwood thread starter macrumors 6502a

I dont understand what google maps has to do with a calendar.

All i can think of is you are on about Google Calendar and that isn't what i'm after.

I currently use NuCalendar in PHP-Nuke but PHP-Nuke is to restrictive so I wanna customer make a static web site with blog (which is the easy bit) plus a forum and calendar which users can use the same login details for and add to both.

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

5. timmillwood thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the link, they have given me the idea of modifying a php calendar to do what i want. if the calendar info is stored in a database all i need to do is write a page that writes to the database, easy.

Then i can modify PHP BB to make the new part of the site a submission in the forum like on here.

6. marco114 macrumors 6502

marco114

Calendar Script

this calendar has been around a long time:
    http://www.calendarscript.com/

it's based in perl, so it may not be what you are after. it's free to download and try. honorware.