Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lancastor

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 25, 2011
The default calendar widget shows only events on the next day. Is it possible to preview the events of more then one day without using a third party app/widget?

GreyOS

macrumors 68040
Apr 12, 2012
Calendar actually has two widgets. The 'Up Next' widget shows future events, several days ahead.

My personal problem with Up Next is it also includes Reminders. I have weekly recurring reminders, and because it shows Reminders that are a week away, I basically have something in there all the time, which is over the top. No, putting the trash out for collection is not an 'event' Apple. lol. I only want to see reminders in the Reminders widget.

lancastor

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 25, 2011
The 'Up Next' widget shows always one day forward at my iPhone. The other calendar widget shows the events today.

Last edited:

bilibug

macrumors 6502
Aug 27, 2008
Stockton NJ
Calendar actually has two widgets. The 'Up Next' widget shows future events, several days ahead.

My personal problem with Up Next is it also includes Reminders. I have weekly recurring reminders, and because it shows Reminders that are a week away, I basically have something in there all the time, which is over the top. No, putting the trash out for collection is not an 'event' Apple. lol. I only want to see reminders in the Reminders widget.

And it also doesn't show "All Day" events, which is really an issue for me.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
And it also doesn't show "All Day" events, which is really an issue for me.
I thought that in iOS 10 all day events are shown now. At least I've seen a few people mention that in various threads.

bilibug

macrumors 6502
Aug 27, 2008
Stockton NJ
I thought that in iOS 10 all day events are shown now. At least I've seen a few people mention that in various threads.

Not for me. I have 2 all day events tomorrow, one on Wednesday, and the next event widget is showing the first time scheduled appointment for Thursday.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Not for me. I have 2 all day events tomorrow, one on Wednesday, and the next event widget is showing the first time scheduled appointment for Thursday.
Perhaps it's today's widget that shows all day events but not the next one?

lancastor

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 25, 2011
None of the two widgets shows a all day event. I think we have to wait for the next beta releases.

GreyOS

macrumors 68040
Apr 12, 2012
Can confirm.

Calendar widget is showing an all day event today.

Neither Calendar nor Up Next widgets are showing an all day event tomorrow.

Joseph C

macrumors 65816
Feb 5, 2009
I miss the date part from the old Notification Center ... I'd like that back as a widget!

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I miss the date part from the old Notification Center ... I'd like that back as a widget!
If Apple doesn't add it back in you can almost be sure there will be some 3rd party ones that will do it, if there aren't already some like that.

TurboPGT!

Suspended
Sep 25, 2015
The default calendar widget shows only events on the next day. Is it possible to preview the events of more then one day without using a third party app/widget?
It's called: Use the Calendar App.

I'm not sure you fully understand what a Widget is.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
It's called: Use the Calendar App.

I'm not sure you fully understand what a Widget is.
A widget can show something that is more than immediate or applicable to just today. Seems like there might in fact be some misunderstanding of what a widget is, just not quite where it was pointed out to be.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.