Calendar - Window

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Schubi, Nov 6, 2014.

1. Schubi macrumors newbie

Hello,

I was wondering if anybody know about the 'Window' functionality in the Calendar application of OSX.

[​IMG]

Here I can choose between 'Calendar' and my username 'ros'. Until now I never used/clicked on 'ros' but yesterday I did and Calendar switched to a new view called 'ros'. This calendar was plain empty but immediately started to sync all of my CALdav events in the same way it did originally with 'Calendar' after the initial setup.

I can confirm that all events also synced a second time locally as I have two .caldav folders now in ~ros/Library/Calendars/ filled with .ics files. Checking my OSX backup I see only one .caldav folder with hundreds of .ics files before. I also can switch (or cycle) through both windows via the menu:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Does anybody know what functionality this bears? I only have a single CALdav account setup, with only a single user account on my system, there should be no need for duplication as in two syncs, two folders. Also, whenever I start the Calendar now, per default it starts up with window 'ros' (last picture) no matter what was selected before.

Bug? Feature? Undiscovered land? Thanks a lot for any input!

2. Pharmscott macrumors 6502a

Pharmscott

Go to your Calendar accounts. Do you have an account named "ros" that has Calendar enabled? For example, you can associate a Gmail calendar (or not) by checking the box.

3. Schubi thread starter macrumors newbie

No Gmail, Outlook, iCloud, or other account installed. This is also a fresh OS X Yosemite install from two days ago. 'ros' is a username that is used for my OS X login as well as for several other service logins.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The only thing I can imagine what the 'windows' are used for - is for different accounts? And the windows 'Calendar' shows all of your calendars combined?

4. Pharmscott macrumors 6502a

Pharmscott

I don't think it has anything to do with the window menu. Perhaps it's switching between local calendar on your mac and the Cloud calendar you set up. I have my calendar on iCloud so no choice appears (like yours does). Maybe switching to iCloud would remove the "ros" choice.