calendar

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Apps' started by caligurl, May 5, 2015.

1. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

for several years i've used google calendar. it was easy and i could access it on any computer (and at one time it actualy worked with my refrigerator before samsung deserted us :mad: truth be told: that was the main reason i used google! i loved our events coming up on the refrigeator screen!)

now, i notice that even though i have my google calendar synced with my apple calendar (i see the events on my iphone), but the events are not showing up on my watch as and event

am i doing something wrong? or do i need to abandon google and stick strictly with the apple calendar that is native to my computer/phone/ipad in order to see the daily events/appointments on my watch?

thanx!

2. priscilla55 macrumors regular

priscilla55

I'm using the Google calendar too - it's working ok for me, but with some limitations. As on the phone and iPad notifications, only timed events show up in glances or watch face complications. You have to open the watch app fully to see all day events.

3. Ing-D macrumors newbie

Don't you think the watch screen would just be too small for this kind of using ?

4. priscilla55 macrumors regular

priscilla55

If you use list view, it's fine on the watch screen, and useful. For example, I was with my daughter and she asked if I was free on a particular day next week - handy for a quick look.

5. elbartino macrumors member

I have google for work and iCloud for personal and the Google ones aren't showing up for me either on the watch

----------

Sorry when I say that I mean in the watch face calendar there are no entries.. If I go into the watch app they are listed

6. Cook$ter macrumors newbie

My calendar app is synced to my Google calendar. When Google came out with their own calendar app, I got that for my iPhone and I really prefer it. I prefer it's looks over the apple calendar app. And while google calendar app isn't on my watch, I'm hopeful that it will be updated for that soon.

In the meantime, the Apple calendar app on my watch shows my schedule if I need it. A major plus, the google calendar app notifications DO come through on my watch.